The Pre-Renovation Education (PRE) Program was established to ensure that owners and occupants of pre-1978 housing are provided information concerning potential hazards of lead-based paint exposure before certain renovations begin in order to prevent adverse health effects from renovation activity.
The PRE regulations, Kansas Administrative Regulations (K.A.R.) 28-72-51 through 28-72-54 apply to renovations and remodeling in residential housing built before 1978.
Do They Apply to You ?
- Who must follow these regulations?
- What work is applicable under the regulations?
- What do the regulations require?
- What work is specifically excluded under the regulations?
PRE Forms and Publications
- Confirmation of Receipt and Notification of Renovation Form
- “Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home”
- Copy Ready Version of “Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home”
- The Lead -Based Paint Pre-Renovation Regulation: Does it Apply to You ?
- The Lead-Based Paint Pre-Renovation Rule: Summary of Requirements